Many thanks to OnWindyDays, as he’s been kind enough to nominate me for the Versatile Blogger Award. So let’s do this thing. Here are the rules:
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Nominate 10-15 fellow bloggers
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination
- Share 7 random things about yourself
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award Pic on your blog post.
The only thing here that poses a bit of difficulty is number one – I honestly have been doing this for a short time and don’t have a huge number of bloggers to nominate, but I’ll do my damnedest.
So here they are:
- gingerfightingback (Hilarious)
- Eldon (Hilarious)
- Llleona (Awesome blog about moving to San Francisco from Canada)
- glutenvygirl (Gluten-free cooking – as someone with mild allergies to a very, very common food, I love her creativity)
- SimpleSpeedySnacks (Yum)
- Talin (Kind, smart, and a good writer)
- Alexandra (Love the international blogs…)
- Ash Silverlock (Support your local fantasy writers!)
- Ella Coquine (An American living in Paris – very interesting and funny)
- Carrie Patrick (Her blog subtitle says it all – lady is amazing, and a geek role model)
So. Now, onto the seven things about me.
1. I totally just bought myself a coloring book
Do not knock it. Coloring is fucking fun and not for four-year-olds. My brand-new, awesome coloring book has a knights through history theme. There’s a two-page spread featuring a Russian and a Mongol jousting in the 13th century while their armies look on. I’m going to color the shit out of that.
2. I’m actually kind of a productivity geek
I’ve read Getting Things Done. I felt dirty, but I liked it. I go on kicks where I make lists, streamline my life, and think in terms of action items. I know it’s sick, but it’s satisfying. No shame here.
3. I’m watching the Republican debates right now
Call it morbid curiosity, cause normally I stay the fuck away. In all honesty, every time Newt and Michelle Bachman speak, I fight down some vomit. What the fuck, Republicans? This is the best you have? (And I’m bootlegging the Fox News stream, no worries.)
4. I read cookbooks cover to cover
This is the most relaxing thing.
5. I’m mildly allergic to soy
Not so allergic that I’d die, but allergic enough to itch. A lot. And get rashes. And feel ill. Which fucking sucks, because take a look at the labels of every tasty food out there. Bread? Soy. Chocolate? Soy. Every baked product in the known universe? Soy. Soy, soy, soy. The saddest thing is that I do have an undying love of properly-cooked tofu, good steamed edamame, and all foods dripping with soy sauce. Do you know how good Chinese food smells when you haven’t had it for a year? You don’t, do you? That’s because it takes an act of god to avoid lo mien for that long, you lucky bastard.
6. I will never get past my love of Narnia
C.S. Lewis rocks my socks. Let’s forget for a moment about The Last Battle, as it was pretty atrocious and heavy-handed, and focus instead on The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and The Horse and His Boy. I hope you realize that the young whipper-snappers today, well, they’d be lucky if kids’ lit was this good. Oh wait, they’re classics, which means just about everyone has read them. As they should.
7. I have a stuffed troll puppet. It has a place of honor in my house.
For my 22nd birthday, my brother sent me a stuffed troll puppet. No explanation, no real backstory. Just, “hey, sister, this troll puppet made me think of you.” My first reaction was all thanks, I think, but then the creepy little bastard began to grow on me.* He now sits high on a shelf clutching the hedgehog he inexplicably came with (no, really, it’s attached to the puppet) and gazing out with an odd benevolence (for a troll) on our living room. He is the ugliest and best thing ever.
So once again, I’m going to thank OnWindyDays for this nomination. It’s been fun, and I really appreciate it!
*The troll, not my brother.